Make Your Account
Signup for relevant jobs and job advice from Uncubed, delivered straight to your inbox. It is possible to unsubscribe whenever you want.
Sr. Item, Regulatory & Business Counsel
LendUp, Oakland, CA remote(temporarily)
Our objective is always to offer a person with a way to better economic wellness.
LendUp is just a technology that is financial located in Oakland dedicated to changing the subprime credit and lending area. We are a Y-Combinator alum (YC W12) supported by prominent investors such as for instance Bing Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, and Kapor Capital. Our item has been found in 7 states and now we’ve seen press that is great within the Wall Street Journal, Financial occasions, CNN, NBC, TechCrunch, Venturebeat, Inc, Wired, Bloomberg, Fortune, and Dow Jones, and others.
Exactly what we are doing:
At LendUp we have been for a objective to produce you aren’t a path to raised monetary wellness. Thousands of people do not have admission to quality credit. Their choices are frequently unfair and limited, plus it’s simple to be caught in a financial obligation cycle. Here is the problem that is first attempt to resolve, by making use of our blended expertise in pc software, information technology, credit, and training, to your provided passion for monetary health insurance and dignity.
Our core item, the LendUp Ladder, is an alternate to payday advances that transforms a trap into a way to borrow at reduced prices and build credit. And each time, we come across our clients succeed. We are building extra lending options which will help us further speed up our objective of supplying a person with a path to raised monetary wellness.
The Sr. Product, Regulatory and Corporate Counsel would be accountable for employed in close partnership with specific sections and get across practical groups to produce appropriate and regulatory guidance as LendUp develops, implements and updates its services and products.
- Advise company lovers that are taking care of brand new and existing services and products from item development through launch, including compliance advising with regards to such items
- Prov > and federal government relations counsel to aid with negotiating commercial and bank agreements, and help legislative and policy issues.
- Prov >You have actually:
- A high-caliber that is ace payday loans in texas proven experienced, solution-oriented and proactive lawyer with expertise in the financing room
- Deep experience analyzing and advising for a w >participants in several repayments systems, including issuer processors and system supervisors, sub-prime and installment loans, like the regulations, foibles associated with banking institutions and state certified
- Deep knowledge of Regulation E, Regulation Z, BSA/AML, TILA , ECOA, FCRA, MLA and state laws and regulations linked to lending
- Power to balance working individually with small guidance and working closely and collaboratively within a little appropriate team
- Power to interface efficiently along with quantities of the corporation (professional management, HR, company divisions, etc.) also to gain the trust and conf >Education and Experience
- JD and 8+ years of expertise, including practicing in-house at a fast paced FinTech startup business (or perhaps in an comparable environment) for at the very least three years, with significant give attention to customer financing
- Preferred cand >We have:
LendUp has everything you would anticipate from the company that is mission-driven like a competitive salary; very early phase equity; 100% business paid medical, dental and eyesight insurance coverage; ample vacation/sick leave policy; 401(k).
But right here’s that which we really like about LendUp lifetime:
- We are devoted to a varied and inclusive tradition that spurs innovation and produces a significant and work environment that is impactful
- Certainly one of our values is вЂњdifferent backgrounds, exact same objective.вЂќ We have been passionate about diverse cand >LendUp can be an opportunity that is equal
We stretch equal occupations to qualified applicants and workers for an basis that is equal of a person’s age, competition, color, intercourse, faith, nationwide beginning, impairment, intimate orientation, sex identification or phrase, maternity status, marital status, military or veteran status, hereditary disposition, or some other explanation protected for legal reasons.